Teamwork and Leadership
Project managers lead teams - usually not just those who report to them - to complete the work involved. Project leadership includes:
- Movitating - effectively mobilizing the resources to be engaged in the work at hand
- Communicating - giving information to the team members and project participants, including clearly communicating the objectives for the tasks being performed
- Obstacle avoidance and elimination - as the planner/manager, the project manager will see problems/challenges that are coming and work to avoid, reduce, or eliminate them.
- Recognize people's working styles; and accomodate and adjust for differences.
- Manage conflict
- Foster mutual expectations
- Be flexible and adapt leadership style during the difference parts of a project's and team's lifecycle